Sunday, March 4, 2012

Love is all around

The shelter felt a little funny without Debbie's presence today. I guess to a certain extent, it always will. 

But seeing so many people busying themselves around the shelter, be it cleaning the compound, feeding the dogs, leashing them up for their walks or showering them, there's an air of camaraderie and a fuzzy sense of warmth. 

Seeing the flurry of well-wishes on our Facebook page and then reading the comments on this very blog also made us feel extremely grateful. You and I are probably strangers in the real world. 

But on this common page in cyberspace, you are a friend who cares. 

It rained the day that Debbie went away. But when I walked into the shelter today, the sky was blue as could be. 





I couldn't help but wonder if it were Debbie blessing us with the gorgeous weather. This is beginning to sound rather silly, but as I gazed up at the sky, I thought that perhaps she might be there smiling down at us. 




I got feedback that my entries are often sad. So tonight, we'll end off on a positive note. 

The shelter will always be a little different without Debbie around. But when Debbie left, at least she left us a treasure trove full of memories. And memories never die. 

So for now, we'll keep our chins up and continue with our shelter work. But before we go, we just want to say thank you for cheering us on in our joys and our sorrows. 

We are a shelter blessed. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your valuable comment/feedback